|author||Mathieu Desnoyers <email@example.com>||2007-10-18 23:41:05 -0700|
|committer||Linus Torvalds <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2007-10-19 11:53:54 -0700|
Combine instrumentation menus in kernel/Kconfig.instrumentation
Quoting Randy: "It seems sad that this patch sources Kconfig.marker, a 7-line file, 20-something times. Yes, you (we) don't want to put those 7 lines into 20-something different files, so sourcing is the right thing. However, what you did for avr32 seems more on the right track to me: make _one_ Instrumentation support menu that includes PROFILING, OPROFILE, KPROBES, and MARKERS and then use (source) that in all of the arches." Signed-off-by: Mathieu Desnoyers <email@example.com> Acked-by: Randy Dunlap <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to 'arch/ia64/oprofile')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 20 deletions
diff --git a/arch/ia64/oprofile/Kconfig b/arch/ia64/oprofile/Kconfig
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,20 +0,0 @@
- bool "Profiling support (EXPERIMENTAL)"
- Say Y here to enable the extended profiling support mechanisms used
- by profilers such as OProfile.
- tristate "OProfile system profiling (EXPERIMENTAL)"
- depends on PROFILING
- OProfile is a profiling system capable of profiling the
- whole system, include the kernel, kernel modules, libraries,
- and applications.
- Due to firmware bugs, you may need to use the "nohalt" boot
- option if you're using OProfile with the hardware performance
- If unsure, say N.