Diffstat (limited to 'security/inode.c')
1 files changed, 3 insertions, 4 deletions
diff --git a/security/inode.c b/security/inode.c
index efea5a605466..b41e708147ae 100644
@@ -205,12 +205,11 @@ static int create_by_name(const char *name, mode_t mode,
* This function returns a pointer to a dentry if it succeeds. This
* pointer must be passed to the securityfs_remove() function when the file is
* to be removed (no automatic cleanup happens if your module is unloaded,
- * you are responsible here). If an error occurs, %NULL is returned.
+ * you are responsible here). If an error occurs, the function will return
+ * the erorr value (via ERR_PTR).
* If securityfs is not enabled in the kernel, the value %-ENODEV is
- * returned. It is not wise to check for this value, but rather, check for
- * %NULL or !%NULL instead as to eliminate the need for #ifdef in the calling
- * code.
+ * returned.
struct dentry *securityfs_create_file(const char *name, mode_t mode,
struct dentry *parent, void *data,